Thursday 26 May 2011

Rotten corpses and petrol airships

Not done a post in a while, even though I've got a massive backlog of dreams!

Here's the first one:

I was on holiday with a lot of people I didn't know. In the dream, they all had black holes for faces, like people who you don't know in real life always have in dreams. They weren't scary, just faceless, like that was how they were supposed to look. There were around 10 of them, men and women, and we were going to a deserted island in the middle of the ocean. To get there we flew in this little plane that we piloted ourselves, but you couldn't just go straight to the island, you had to fly to the one next to it and then get out and swim the rest of the way. 


If you've ever seen that Leonardo DiCapro film called The Beach, that pretty much explains what the holiday was like. If you haven't though, here's a brief rundown: we arrived, frolicked in the sand and did the whole jumping off the cliffs into the sea below thing and generally having oodles of fun, and then everyone started fighting and 2 people died. I don't remember how they died in the dream, just that we had built this hut (it was actually properly built too, not just bits of coconut trees and leaves) and I found their bodies in there, hidden up in the rafters like in a barn. 

Everyone stopped fighting as soon as that happened. Obviously, the bodies started to rot, and we couldn't sleep in the hut any more. We wanted to take their bodies home, to give them to their families so they could have a proper burial, but we realised that we'd have to swim back with them.


It was horrible. They were, unsurprisingly, dead weight, and we all nearly drowned on the way back to the other island. I quite vividly remember having to hold onto one of the dead people's hands when I was swimming, and it was like a balloon full of mud. Very yucky. 

Anyway, we reached the island and flew back. When we got there, suddenly, my workmate Cheryl was there. We were both living in Bolton, and we got off the plane together and I walked to her house with her and then returned to my flat, which was empty. I thought it was weird that my flatmates weren't there, so I went to go and check the caravan that, for some reason, we also rented. No one there either, so I went to the park instead. When I got there, there were loads of people having a picnic, so I joined in.


At the picnic, people started talking about how there was going to be an air raid on the town, because of all the immigrants moving in and making the 'parking tax' go up. I didn't believe them and just swanned off home, but the flat was still empty. For some reason, that really made me believe it was true, and I looked outside to see this massive blimp which I somehow knew was full of petrol, and it was all going to rain down on everyone and then someone was just going to light a match on it all. 


I ran outside and bumped into my friend Sam, who lives in Korea now and who I haven't seen in a couple of years. He was on a bicycle and he knew about what was happening, so we both tried to run out of town. We were climbing up this big hill (he was cycling) and, just as we reached the top, we saw these 2 policemen and we knew that they were in on it all and were trying to keep everyone within the town, so that we'd all die. We stopped dead and realised that they were like the T Rex in Jurassic Park, in that if you stayed really still they couldn't see you. So they were coming closer and closer, saying they could kind of see the outline of something, and then Sam wobbled on his bike and lost balance and they got us :/

The End.

No comments:

Post a Comment