Saturday 23 April 2011

Dreamscapes and Bollocks: A Rundown

Welcome to Dreamscapes and Bollocks :D

So, what is this? 

Basically, you've wandered onto (or been pointed in the direction of) my dream blog, created after 23 years of suffering with some of the weirdest dreams I've ever heard of. I've had the one about the tiny vampires, the one about the children with the scary pieces of fluff in their pockets, the one about the dancing zombies and the one about the river of lava outside my mum's back door and, after all that, I've finally stopped trying to ascribe meanings to them. 

Don't get me wrong, I love dreaming. I feel incredibly sorry for people who don't have, or can't remember, dreams and, as a writer, they're a constant source of inspiration for me. The only issue is that I'm wont to forget my dreams as soon as I've brushed my teeth in the morning, unless they're extremely memorable. I've kept dream journals before, but they usually consisted of me falling back to sleep on the diary before I'd finished transcribing the dream, and it wasn't until a few weeks ago that the idea for this blog came about. 

Enter Natalie Mott, my boss, who came up with the latter half of the name for this blog. 

Me: I want to call it dreamscapes and .... something.
Nat: Dreamscapes and Bollocks!

Well, it went something like that anyway. 

SO. If you want to read about my weird and wonderful dreams, follow me. I hope I can entertain some people with them, if not entertain myself. And btw, there will be some bollocks in this blog as well, in the form of 'today I ate porridge for breakfast' and 'I bought a new dress the other day'. Sorry about that, but I'm too lazy to make two blogs, who do you take me for?

Peace out, 

Aurora.

No comments:

Post a Comment